Pages

Friday, March 9, 2012

Tipping the Board

Now that Lotte's agility classes are underway, I've already identified something to work on at home: the teeter. We're only working on tippy boards right now, but since Lotte was so less-than-enthused with that in class (the tunnels, on the other hand, she loved), I decided it's something we should work on at home.

So, I built a tippy board. I got the idea for the construction here: Agility Adventures: Making a Teeter Board

Our board, because Lotte is just starting out, is on a 2" diameter piece of PVC. I'm focusing right now on just getting her used to the board shifting underneath her. In just a couple of days, we've progressed from one paw pushing the end down, to crabbing across with just her two front feet, to actually getting all four feet on the board. Tonight, I got her to walk across the board (it's 4' long) a couple of times. Yay!

Lotte, by the way, had decided in class that the tippy board was something to be jumped over, rather than walked on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment