Pages

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Sequence Sunday: My first sequence

I set up a short sequence for Lotte: Tire, Tunnel, Jump. This is the first time I've set up/tried to run a sequence on my own; the only other short sequences we've done have been in class. I found that running it in that order worked out fine, but trying to do it in reverse (Jump, Tunnel, Tire) resulted in a consistently bypassed jump (to the point that I gave up on trying that, and just got in a couple of really good runs starting with the Tire, since she was doing good with that). I'm not sure if maybe my jump was too close to the tunnel entrance, so I'm going to revisit this setup in a couple of days (after some rest and video-review) with the jump re-positioned further back from the tunnel/possibly slightly offset.  A series of bloopers and head-scratching moments later, and I came up with a few other observations:


Exhibit A: And the bar goes flying!

1 - I need to back up and work more on jump-work by itself.
2 - "Let's try it one more time to get it right" is a bad way to go about things.
3 - My command-giving-timing needs work (see exhibit A)
4 - Tossing food in grass = lost food and distracted dog. Tossing easter egg filled with food = genius.

No comments:

Post a Comment