Pages

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

A brief moment...

Today's training session was full of quite a few handler mistakes. I got a bit overenthusiastic to keep going, since I had a great source of distraction (in the form of multiple playing children) very close at hand. "One more time" syndrome abounded. I also called Lotte's name a couple of times before giving her the "oops!" cue that I added for lost-attention turns. Among a couple of other things.

My fumbling aside, Lotte did great all in all. I did lose her attention a few times, and quite frankly, I'm still trying to figure out how to be the most interesting thing in the world to her.

There was one moment in the session, where Lotte was standing in the grass with her leash just out of my reach, starring at the kids. I started walking away from her (and consequently, away from the kids too), watching her out of my peripheral vision. She looked at me, back at the kids, and then focused on me and ran up to my left side. It makes me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment