Pages

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Look at what dog?

There was a little dog, off-lead and unattended, sitting on the front lawn of what I will assume was it's home. This dog didn't venture off of it's property, didn't come anywhere near the sidewalk, in fact. He only came as far as halfway down the lawn, but boy did he bark. Perfect Look At That! practice for Lotte and me. 

Lotte was well aware that there was another dog not more than twenty feet (if that!) away from us, and... nothing. She looked and was rewarded a few times going past, but that was it. She didn't react, didn't bark back, didn't try to speed up to get past me, nothing. She looked at that dog, and more or less shrugged it off. Dog? What dog? 

That was well over 12 hours ago, and I'm still amazed. I have never walked her past another dog without some sort of a reaction out of her. I usually at least get the quick speed up or some noise. This time, it was nothing, and that's just wonderful. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment